Wednesday, December 16, 2015



For our last project we were assigned an outdoor scene with a few requirements. It required a well detailed tree, a bridge, water body of some kind, and a structure of some kind. I decided to go a different direction this time and try more a fantasy setting. 


After playing around with a few ideas I finally came to a scene I thought would prove interesting and challenging at the same time. In my haste though I did forget to add some kind of structure in my scene. Which I fixed in the grey box



After setting up a grey box scene I decided to set up the lighting to make things easier when I transferred all of my assets over to Unreal 4. I had wanted to make these textures hand painted to push the fantasy theme even further but due to time constraints I could not.


This is the final product in Unreal 4. The tree in the center was made in zrush then brought into unreal later. After playing around with the water I started to explore different ideas with the particles and came up with the idea of fire flies. Overall I was happy with the look of the scene but I will go through and try to increase the quality of the textures and lighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment