Monday, November 23, 2015

Clue Mansion - The Study



For this Project we were assigned a random room from the boardgame/movie Clue. I was chosen to have the Study. Here are the reference pictures I used to get a feel for what to fill the room with. 


After creating an assets list I started to make a grey box of what kind of setup I wanted. It wasn't until I started making the assets that I wanted the scene to look like the man who owned it was obsessed with maps, cartography, and a treasure.


Not only were we tasked on creating all the assets and structure we also had to hand paint all of our textures as well. In order to keep this place looking old and possibly Victorian I created a cathedral ceiling with pillars, a fireplace, a kept all trim and supports the same wood color and texture. 


I decided to keep this scene in maya to get some nice looking renders out of it. After composting the separate render layers in photoshop this is the result:




No comments:

Post a Comment